Note: These instructions are for ordering canvases wholesale. Click here for how to sell frames and canvases retail in Workspace.
Step 1. Select the product
In the Workspace navigation bar, click Buy, then select Canvases from the drop-down menu. This opens a window in which you'll specify the frame itself by selecting options from three drop-down menus (you'll select the images in Step 2):
- Size (in inches)
- Canvas Type (Economy, Standard or Fine Art)
- Wrap Style (Black, White, Natural or Mirror)
Follow the links above for further details.
Note, "size" means the dimensions of the stretcher frame, not the canvas print, which needs to be larger to account for the wrap.
The selections you make will be used as defaults on the next screen.
When you're satisfied, click Next to continue.
Step 2. Design your canvas(es)
This screen has three sections:
- The Images Panel (left).
- A drag-and-drop area (top) to create new canvases.
- A list of canvases, which updates as you create them.
To use images already in Workspace, first select a gallery. If necessary, click All Events so you can see them all. Then click on a collection to display thumbnails of the images in it.
To upload new images click Upload Now.
Once you've located the images you want, on the design screen you can:
- Select and drag an image on to the canvas.
- Adjust the crop on the image cropping screen
- Rotate the frame, e.g. from vertical to horizontal.
- Change the product options you selected
- Add more canvases in different sizes.
- Change the quantity you require.
- Delete any unwanted items
Dragging a new image onto the drag-and-drop region, or onto an existing item in your list of canvases, adds a NEW canvas.
You can change the size and other options for each canvas by using the drop-downs.
To DELETE a canvas from the list, click on the trash can.
Step 3. Crop and reframe
To zoom in, crop and reframe the image on a canvas, click 'Edit Image Crop' to open the image cropping screen.
When you've finished, click 'SAVE AND CLOSE', or 'BACK TO CART' to go back without saving.
You can see the " canvas wrap", as it will look added to the printed canvas, in the product thumbnail, or larger on the cropping screen. The Natural wrap is popular but takes up a lot of the image area, especially on small canvases, so may not always be practical — choose a mirror, black or white wrap instead. Workspace will add the wrap to the printed image automatically.
Step 4. View Cart
When you click View Cart, an Order Summary appears. If you've placed orders earlier, including for different product types, they will appear in the cart with the item(s) you've just added.
On this screen you can ask us to colour correct the image(s) and enter any promo code. You'll find the colour correction option in the top left section of the page, under the Coupon Code box. If not selected we will print your images as supplied.
- If you see a red alert against an item, click on it and go back to complete the necessary details.
- You can also delete items from your order, change quantities, or empty the cart completely.
When you're ready to confirm and place your order, continue to Shipping and finalise your payment details. Once payment has been arranged your order will go straight into production.